The Bruno Manser Fund stands for fairness in the tropical forest. We are committed to campaigning for the conservation of the threatened tropical rainforests with their biodiversity and strive for the respect of the rights of the rainforest dwellers.
In consideration of the fact that the founder and long-standing chair, Bruno Manser, spent many years living with the Penan in the Malaysian federal state of Sarawak on Borneo, we are primarily committed to working for this people and for the protection of the Sarawak forests.
Our activities are comprised of projects and campaigns in Malaysia and Switzerland.
The Bruno Manser Fund's strategic objectives are:
1. Respect of all human rights, especially those of the indigenous peoples
2. Conservation of the forests, including their biodiversity
3. Support for alternative development options and alternative income
4. Support for the Penan by providing them with assistance in the fields of health, education and infrastructure
5. Combatting corruption and commitment for transparent governance
6. Documenting indigenous cultures of Malaysia, especially of the Penan
7. Raising awareness as regards tropical-forest destruction and the rights of indigenous peoples